Art and Experience: The Parvaz International Film Festival in Iran, dedicated to the issues of the disabled, has called for entries.
The festival aims to display the abilities and talents of the disabled people through the art of artists who are active in filmmaking industry.
The official website of the event has highlighted the goals of the festival as follows:
– To see the true story of people with different abilities
– To narrate challenges & issues of families with disabled members
– Explaining the effectiveness of training to empower people with different abilities
– Developing inclusive education & increasing life skills
– Showing the effect of the capabilities of people with disabilities in community’s development
– Reflecting the role of ICT in the life of people with disabilities
– Introducing successful people with disabilities
– Providing equal opportunities in the society for people with different abilities
– Promoting culture of sacrifice by narrating the lives of pioneers with disabilities
– Standardization of the municipal facilities and the city infrastructure for disabled people
– Encouraging filmmakers and directors to show the challenges of disability
The 3rd edition of the Parvaz International Film Festival is slated to run on December 1-3, 2017 in Tehran.