Cahiers Du Cinema's Top 10 Films Of 2015
“Mia Madre” at the top of Cahiers Du Cinema’s Top 10 Films Of 2015
Art and Experience: Established in the 1950’s by André Bazin, Joseph-Marie Lo Duca, and Jacques Doniol-Valcroze, France’s Cahiers du cinéma has long been a bastion for quality film criticism. Year after year their rundown of the top films usually ignites a response, and we doubt 2015 will be any different.
They’ve now released their list for this year, which includes a few films that won’t get a U.S. release until next year (the chart-topping Mia Madre, Cemetery of Splendour, In the Shadow of Women, and Journey to the Shore). Also among the list is Lisandro Alonso‘s stellar Jauja,Miguel Gomes‘ epic Arabian Nights, and George Miller‘s blockbuster Mad Max: Fury Road.
1. Mia Madre (Nanni Moretti)
2. Cemetery of Splendour (Apichatpong Weerasethakul)
3. In the Shadow of Women (Philippe Garrel)
4. The Smell of Us (Larry Clark)
5. Mad Max: Fury Road (George Miller)
6. Jauja (Lisandro Alonso)
7. Inherent Vice (Paul Thomas Anderson)
8. Arabian Nights (Miguel Gomes)
9. The Summer of Sangaile (Alante Kavaite)
10. Journey to the Shore (Kiyoshi Kurosawa)