Art and Experience: The 5thIran International Green Film Festival will be held in May 13th – 20th, 2016, providing opportunities for closer communication between artists and the public in relation to environmental preservation and encouraging public participation in preserving the environment by using the medium of films.
Entries should have content in accordance to the culture and principles of preserving the environment, have a release date of January 1st 2011 and onwards, and are participant to the Iran International Green Film Festival for the first time.
The main theme for the 5th festival is water: water scarcity, water crisis, solutions to rehabilitate and conserve water resources such as oceans, seas, rivers, wetlands, aquifers, glaciers etc. Films that are related to the mentioned theme will have priority over other received products.
The 5thIran International Green Film Festival consists of competitive and non-competitive sections as presented below:
International Competition of Fiction Films, Documentary Films and Animations:
– Long Fiction Films (More than 50 minutes)
– Short Fiction Films (Less than 30 minutes)
– Long Documentary Films (More than 30 minutes)
– Short Documentary Films (Less than 30 minutes)
The non-competitive section of the Festival:
This section includes seminars, conferences, speeches and workshops related to cultural, artistic and educational subjects regarding environmental protection.
The 5th Iran International Green Film Festival promotes the culture and increasing awareness on environmental conservation and encourages higher quality of creative artistic and cinematic artworks on environmental concerns. Mr. Mehdi Tohidpour is the Festival Executive Director and Mr. Farhad Tohidi the Festival Director.
– To encourage public commitment to protect nature and environment through cinema and visual arts
– To draw the attention of national and international authorities to the necessity of protecting the environment
– To encourage and reward public, celebrities’ and authorities’ participation in protecting the environment