A snapshot of top Iran cinematic stories in last week
Art and Experience: Last week has been a busy week for Iran cinema. Here is a selection of top events took place during the week.
– Saeed Soheili’s ‘Piggy Gene’ is not ready for Fajr screening.
– Final version of ‘Rahman 1400’ by Manouchehr Hadi was submitted to the secretariat office of the 37th Fajr Film Festival.
– ‘The Lost Strait’ by Bahram Tavakkoli entered Iran domestic market of home entertainment.
– Ticket price to the 37th Fajr Film Festival is the same as last year.
– ‘Everybody Knows’ by Asghar Farhadi made the top ten best-selling films of Spain 2018 cinema.
– Jury members of various sections of the 9th Ammar Popular Film Festival were announced.
– Iran short ‘Are You Volleyball?!’ was awarded at the 2018 Virginia Film Festival in the US.
– Iranian film editor Mastaneh Mohajer is in collaboration with Afghanistan cinema on a new movie project titled ‘Eve, Mariam, Ayesha’.
– A total of 600 foreign movies requested to attend the 9th edition of Varesh International Film Festival in Iran.
– Iranian short film ‘Return’ won the Grand Prix award at the Alternative Film Territory Festival in Russia.
– A lineup of Iranian films is to be screened during a one-week program to review Asian cinema being organized by Arthur M. Sackler Gallery in Washington.