In The Name Of God
The Call for “Art and Experience” Cinematic Group
“Art and Experience” cinematic group is an opportunity to show worthwhile movies chosen from non-commercial ones, in order to demonstrate the brilliance of their creators in the cinema community. It also makes a profound impact towards improving Iranian filmgoer’s knowledge regarding movies as well as flourishing artistic aspects of Iranian cinema. In this program, the tem “art film” refers to any cinematic work- including short films, feature films, documentary and animation films- whose forms and content can impress the viewer’s aesthetic-tastes and emotions and bring in immense satisfaction. An art film should also enhance the viewer’s tact and discrimination in terms of visual aesthetics. Furthermore, the term “experimental film” refers to movies which present new methods of expression and cinematic narratives, on the contrary to the commercial and mainstream movies. It is worth mentioning that brilliant and distinguishable movies that belong to mainstream cinema have not found the opportunity to be screened and are now given a chance to be shown in this group. Art and Experience cinematic group invites the filmmakers and producers whose works meet the following requirements to submit their works to the office of this group. The requirements and conditions are as follow:
- Any person (private or official) can submit his/her movie for showing in this group.
- Obtaining the public performance license from the ministry of culture and Islamic guidance is mandatory for screening movies.
- The request to show a movie in this group must come from either the owner of the movie or his/her official representative.
- The directorate of this group is in charge of accepting the qualified movies for screening.
- Meeting the technical standards, having a decent video and audio quality to respect audiences and their rights, is one of the key factors for movies to be chosen by this group.
- The financial support for each feature film, for its publicizing and advertisement, is allocated from the budgets set for the program, and the directorate determines the amount of the money will be spent on movies by the executive managerial team.
- The financial support for producing a documentary film is 20 million Rials.
- The financial support for producing a short film is 5 million Rials.
- The executive manager of this group encourages the filmmakers and producers to publicize and advertise their movies.
- Submission of a digital copy of films and meeting the standards for screening in movie theaters is responsibility of film owners and there is no budgets allocated for it in this program.
- The profit coming from selling the rickets totally goes to the film owners budget of this program.
- The arrangement of opening, proceeding, and finishing the screening of selected movies will be announced in a different statute.
- The process of preparation, advertisement and distribution of movies will be undertaken by the executive manager of the program according to a contract with film owners or their official representative.
- The start date for screening the selected movies will be announced subsequently after determining the movie theaters in Tehran and interest for screening the movies of this group from movie theaters across Iran, the executive manager will take the proper action to screen the films in those cinemas.
Suppliants can deliver their movies to Art and Experience secretariat in working hours in below address: Num. 13, Delbar Alley, Tousi St., After Bagh Ferdows Park, Valiasr Ave., Tehran
Postal Code : 1961744611
Call Numbers: 22734939- 22734953- 22734891
Site: www.aecinema.ir (Persian)
You can read out catalog below: